The purpose in creating classrooms with strong cultures is to enable rigorous and engaging academic instruction to thrive. Join members of the TLAC team to prepare to deliver excellent training on high impact behavioral and culture techniques from Teach Like a Champion 3.0. This practice-intensive workshop provides instructional leaders with the tools to deliver high quality training and to drive results. Our remote PD delivery will prepare you to lead your own remote or in-person training.
Our remote workshop series is broken up into five 90-minute sessions conducted on Zoom. The following shows our most frequent remote workshop line-up, though again, we may modify the order and focus of each day, dependent on our group’s needs, timing, and facilitator decisions.
September 18, 2023 – 11:00am – 12:30pm (EST)
September 19, 2023 – 11:00am – 12:30pm (EST)
September 20, 2023 – 11:00am – 12:30pm (EST)
September 21, 2023 – 11:00am – 12:30pm (EST)
September 22, 2023 – 11:00am – 12:30pm (EST)
NOTE: Please be aware that this will be an interactive session for all participants. We will ask you to be visible on your cameras and to participate by discussing with colleagues, sharing responses (sometimes in writing) to videos and reflection questions, and practicing.
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques including 100%, What to Do, Systems and Routines, Strong Voice, Do It Again, Precise Praise and Positive Framing
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE AND GAIN:
- An understanding of proven teaching skills that drive student achievement
- An understanding of the importance of practicing new techniques with teachers and a framework for what makes practice effective
- Practice activities that will strengthen teachers’ capacity to apply effective techniques in their classrooms
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program
- A model for PD delivery that can be done remotely or in-person
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Schools will have the option to purchase the Implementation Toolkit License. The school leader will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, as well as additional training materials, including:
- A full description of all techniques and practice activities covered in the training
- A fully scripted PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop is a Train the Trainer model, which means we prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver training on Teach Like a Champion techniques back at their schools. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.
- Training Fee: $500 per person for the five 90-minute session -$100 non-refundable deposit due upon registration (deposit will be applied to the final invoice)
- Implementation toolkit license fee: $1,000.00 per school for materials (optional), with signed license agreement.